Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Pasta Fest

Every year I spend Christmas Eve at my Aunt Carol's in the south shore.  We never have a set menu, last year it happened to be turkey.  This year it ended up being a serious Pasta Fest.  We were so loaded up with carbs, that we could have ran to the Christmas Day celebration at my cousins' the following day.

From 2010 Cooking Light, our first pasta dish was Two-Pepper Rigatoni and Cheese.  The fontina cheese and red pepper were the highlights for me in this dish.
Our second dish was baked ziti with marinara sauce, a relatively simple foray into Italian cooking but delicious nonetheless.  Such a good cold weather comfort food.
Just about when I was pasta'd out, Karen's famous Betty Crocker mac n' cheese made its way to the table.  Karen typically makes this dish for our Easter feast but she was nice enough to contribute to our imminent pasta coma this Christmas Eve.
Stuffed
After dinner, we began some gift opening. Mother and daughter matched this Christmas Eve.  Too funny.
Note the awesome Frosty Hat
Thanks to my family for a great evening.....
On to Christmas Day....

5 comments:

  1. I like the Karen and Auntie Carol matching shot. but funny that they were matching in pink and not a holiday red or green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm please share the recipe for the Two-Pepper Rigatoni and Cheese dish!

    ReplyDelete